Thursday, October 29, 2009

Your Choice Is Right



I want to point out that you cant make this stuff up.
This is really happening to us.
Your choice
Limited Government, or Total Government.
What about our gun rights ?

Thomas Jefferson...." No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government "

Makes perfect sense to me
What does the new group have to say ?

Cass Sunstein....." Almost all gun control legislation is constitutionally fine. And if the court is right then fundamentalism does not justify the view that the second amendment protects an individual right to bear arms "

I saw a sticker on a truck the other day, it said
" The second amendment aint about squirrel huntin "
I made my choice, and I think that guy has too.
It's your turn now

3 comments:

  1. the framers of the constitution weren't necessarily worried about self-defense when they added the second amendment, they were worried about big brother...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that people who argue in favor of gun control fail to notice that it will really only limit the guns of law abiding citizens. Criminals will continue to procure guns, even with gun control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One observation that I had about two countries with strong gun control, Israel and England, was in the 70s when they had terrorism problems their answer was house to house searches.
    Watching the British Army roll through Ireland while citizens were forced to have the Army go through their underwear drawer was unsettling to me.
    I'm sure some law enforcement officers would have liked to do that here after 9/11 but were worried that some gangbanger wouldn't know the penalty for shooting a cop was a lot more than the penalty for his gram of pot that he was hiding.
    That's why I'm pro-gun.

    ReplyDelete